Monday, November 7, 2011

Race for the Cure & Hiking Koko Crater

3 weeks ago I ran the Hawaii "Race for the Cure," a 3.2 mile race in honor of my Grandma (a breast cancer survivor).
Yup, I did it with the double jogging stroller. I love to run with the girls, anyways, and we had a great time. This is around 0630 am before the race.


Just after the race. The girls did great!


We got in line to cheer on all the survivors as they finished the race. Look at Kylee clapping :)


Outside of the race tent




The week before that race, Josh and I climb Koko crater. Its over 1,000 steps to get to the top.


And were off!


still smiling


ha! not smiling anymore Josh!


a few minutes after we finished at the top. we did it as a workout so we hiked up very fast. the north east side of the islandthe southeast side






After you get to the top of the kokohead, there's other little trails to hike to continue further and boulders/buildings to climb on


A beautiful view of Hanuama Bay, where we love to snorkel and see turtles/fish


right when we got to the top.


it was cool, when we got to the top we ran into a friend of mine.


this is one of the crossings. the drop is like 50 feet (okay i'm exaggerating a little), it was really scary going across it.


1/2 of the way up


josh standing near the beginning, me finishing the run down


We had an awesome time hiking Kokohead and we hope to do it again soon. Thanks to Michelle for watching the girls at 6am so we could do it!

1 comment:

bonzothebarbarian said...

You two are crazy, but good crazy!
I would love to try something like that, but i couldnt get back down! lol
Thank you for honoring Grandma Hathway for the "race for the cure"
Huggys, Grammy