Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waimea Falls 2011

We love Waimea Falls. Its beautiful and its a long but easy hike. Well worth it. Thats why we take everyone there :)

Before our trip to Kauai, we spent a day on Oahu's North Shore to explore Waimea Falls, see some Green Sea Turtles, and of course eat shrimp and have shaved ice.

I love the foilage in this picture. We've probably been here 10-15 times and the beauty of the place still stuns me.



I love my parents facial expressions here, they look so happy!
right before she tried to eat the flower...
so many beautiful flowers. see wendy's blog for good photos. most of my flower pictures turned out blurry.
more wood pictures. very cool looking!
my pretty toddler!
and...TA DA...the waterfall!
Grammy spent her entire two weeks teaching Lexi how to walk. Grrrr. I guess it worked because two days after Grammy left, Lexi started pulling up and standing.
playing in the very cold water
Kylee wanted the lifeguard to hold her, so of course i had to take a picture. I mean...I didnt take a picture because he was gorgeous.
nice little grandparents/babies photo
this is about half a second before Lexi did a faceplant in the grass. where were her parents??? oh thats right...taking the picture...
these beautiful peacocks roam around the entrance to the hike
after the hike we went to the beach to swim and see sea turtles.
Grandpa and his lil baby Lexi
the waves were so violent today the beach was closed for swimming. as a result, you could see the huge sea turtles in the water but none of them came on the beach like they normally do. the surfers were incredible to watch though, so that made up for not seeing turtles.
afterwards we went to Dole Pineapple plantation to get some pineapple ice cream. All of us shared this one platter, but look at Kylee's face...
Lexi had ice cream for the first time. And she wasnt playing around. If I didnt give her more...she cried!

After a long day with no nap, Kylee was tuckered out shortly after we got home.

Kauai pictures to follow!

No comments: