Thursday, July 16, 2009

So we havent bought the plane tickets yet...hoping for prices to go down, but Kylee and I will be in WI for about a month, starting mid-August. Josh will be in WI for about two weeks. I do have one special request. For my bridal shower, each lady was supposed to send 3 recipes to me so I would start married life with a bunch of recipes. I do have a bunch of recipes already, as many of you know I do love to cook. Anyways, Carolynn never gave me those recipe cards and refuses to give them to me now. I would love to have some "family" recipes that I could hand down to Kylee one day as recipes with family history, so I was hoping you could write those recipes down again?

Also, after much deliberation, prayer and discussion, I have decided to re-enlist in the Army. This is probably one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make so thank you all for the long hours of listening to me. I cannot wait to get home and have everyone meet Kylee~!

Daddy feeds Kylee all the time now!

look at that face! that is chicken noodle soup she's eating

these trees have flowers on them that smell phenomenal. and they are all over the island. they really only bloom with great smell during July, though.

i found Kylee these cute jammies at Target the other day

Today I babysat our friend's daughter Kynslee. Kynslee's mom will be watching Kylee the next two weeks while I work for the Army. Kynslee sits up great, and is crawling, standing and walking so I'm sure Kylee's sitting and crawling skills will vastly improve the next few weeks.

Kynslee could have been named Kylee---but her dad vetoed it at the last minute, and her middle name is Elizabeth just like Kylee. We know another couple who named their daughter Kylee Elizabeth as well, our babies born exactly one month apart, although we didnt know each other at the time. We tried to pick a unique name but it seems Kylee is pretty popular in Hawaii!

Kylee even stood (holding the couch) for about twenty seconds today! That was a first...and a fluke, I think.

Some video of Kylee crawling around. She's been making these odd faces lately and I tried to capture that, although my video taking skills need some tuning.


2 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

I'm sorry you think that. I never refused to give them to you. Everything I own is in storage, as soon as it comes out I will find them and give them to you, along with all of your Iraq memorabilia.

I've stayed away and stayed quiet out of respect for what Chris had to say about his family. I never meant to hurt you Laura.

Blessings,
Carolynn

Anonymous said...

I agree she is so cute!! I love her giggle.

And as I am sure I did not give Carolyn any receipes I will send some of my favorites to you

Love Auntie Pam