Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Baby's Room

Of course, cant forget my first baby. Nash has taken to lying next to me on the couch and resting his head on my belly. He used to get up and move when she kicked him in the head, but now he just sleeps through it.
I had a request from Aunt Carolynn to post pictures of the baby's room one more time before she comes. We really do have everything we need finally, for now, so thank you everyone for the offers and the gifts! I'm sure as soon as she gets home we'll find we forgot to get some stuff....
The little bear in the crib is the first gift Josh and I bought her, on our way back from our Wedding.
The room already smells like a baby! I love it! Come out already!!!!!!
Wednesday I have my 41 week appt. I've had pretty consistent contractions for the last 24 hours, but pretty mild ones at that. I even had time today (and energy) to go christmas shopping for my husband. I wasnt able to find anything though because SOMEONE looked at the internet history and discovered all the gifts I was looking at buying HIM. Not naming any names though. my darling husband.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya you gotta watch those hubby's they are sneaky (hehe). Maybe he was trying to see what you wanted??

Rosebud's room looks cute - I love the bears on the wall.

Love Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

Her room is precious! I remember well that feeling of sitting in finished nurseries, "everything is here but you!"

I took a picture of each of my babies when the were sleeping in their cribs in the middle of the night (right before I woke them up to feed them, not just taking random chances they'd sleep through it LOL) and they remain some of the most precious pictures I have.

TOO FUNNY about your shall remain nameless *cough*Josh*cough* Start looking at very weird random gifts and tease him That's what he's really getting. Give your grinch a hug from us, LOL!

Here's to knowing all those annoying contractions are actually doing good work and will lessen the hard stuff just a pinch. If I were toasting you (with juice of course) I'd say, may the anesthesiologist meet you in the parking lot and your doctor greet you with, well Mrs. Engstrom you're already 5 cm's!"

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Baby's comin, Baby's comin!!!
Sounds like she will be here anytime. Darn :(
Oh, well, then you can welcome us to Hawaii with a beautiful bundle instead of a lei.
Love Ma
Going to odd websites for fake Christmas gifts is a great idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there guys... Looks like everything is going well for you there in Hawaii. Well I hope you have a great Christmas and I miss you guys.

Josh

David, Wendy, Alaina, and Leo said...

Your baby's room looks beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of her in it!!! I hope that she comes soon for your sake, BUT I hope she holds out until your induction day for me! It would be so much fun to share a birthday with your baby!!!

Miss you!

Love,
WEndy