Monday, September 8, 2008

Cookout on the beach

Happy Monday Everyone! It is a happy Monday because of Monday Night Football :) GO VIKINGS!!! Okay okay, I'm wearing my pats jersey here because I'm a huge Pats fan, too...but really just wanted to wear the jersey one last time before she is born. In the past week the baby has grown a lot so my days of wearing my old clothes are over. For now anyways, until sometime after December 4th (daddy is adamant this is the day she is coming)
This is (obviously) Josh and I at a "mandatory fun" outing this weekend. Surpise suprise, the Army mandatory fun actually turned out to be a really good time. And at the end of it all, we got let in on Hawaii's best kept secret....flavored shaved ice! It definitely pays to know the locals.There's Josh...
And me.....
Below is a picture of the Hale Koa Hotel, where military members and their family can stay for pretty cheap. As you can see its right on the beach, in tourist central. All you need to stay there is an active duty or retired person with an ID card to sign you in. When Grandpa and Grammy Johnston come to visit us, they are staying here for a few days to get away from a newborn screaming. Sorry, I mean they are staying there to have a few romantic days on the beach!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your finding out about the local stuff. So we can enjoy them when we come. No we will not be running from a screaming baby, she wont be that loud yet.
Hey JOSH, i told you to hog tie laura's legs till Dec. 7th at 5pm!!
I can be a mean mother in law!!!:(
Love & hugs to all of you, MA

David, Wendy, Alaina, and Leo said...

Mandatory fun day sounds like the army to me... Anyway, Yay, No Vikings jersey! I'm so proud of you Laura! If I send you some of Alaina's old Packer outfits you'll put baby girl in them right???? Hope so because all of the Vikings stuff will be burned. j/k

You look great! Glad to see you are having fun at the beach. Wish I were there!

Love you!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

You look great Laura! Sorry to hear about Tom Brady's knee. It is too bad but he should be able to come back from that one.

However,... Go Pack Go! Yay for the Green and Gold!

Love ya,
Auntie Jackie

Anonymous said...

mmmmm romance on the beach with your husband - I think I will leave that for the young pups (anyone married under 20 years hehe). I still think November 30 would be a great day.

Love Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Mandatory Fun! Gosh I actually miss that. We got to see Stone Mountain in Atlanta GA on a mandatory fun trip once. It's like the confederacy's version of Mt. Rushmore, it was very cool. Well not the confederacy, the mountain. You get me. You look great! Love & Hugs to your growing fam.