Sunday, August 17, 2008
26 Weeks
Baby girl is so active now, and responds to daddy talking to her and rubbing my belly. A few nights ago she actually went on a kick rampage while he was touching my stomach. We are so excited to meet her...less than 100 days to go!
Isnt this the cutest shirt ever?
This is what I call nesting! This weekend, we painted her room on Saturday and Sunday. We also have a lot of her furniture in boxes so I think thats what we will be doing this week. I am also feverishly looking for a job so wish me luck! (uh....going to the beach every day does not count as a job!)
My husband....I know I say it a lot, and I know we are newlyweds...but he really is the greatest. He kept telling me, "just sit and relax honey, I'll do all the painting. Just watch me to make sure I'm doing it the way YOU want it."
I just want to share this funny story. Those of you who have lived in Army housing or less then perfect housing may sympathize with this. First of all, in most of our place the walls are made up of exposed cement brick, painted white. So my husband and I are hanging pictures this weekend. We get everything lined up, drill the holes in the cement brick wall and hang the pictures. Only to find out, upon looking at it, that everything is crooked. So we look at our measurements, pull the handy dandy laser level out, and find our measurements were perfect. So we contemplate what the heck went wrong, and are going crazy trying to figure it out....and then, we find out that the cement bricks are actually crooked! So even if you hang something straight, the wall sort of is an optical illusion. Hang it straight and level, it looks crooked because of the lines of the brick. So we had to go back, hang all our pictures crooked, but it actually looks right. Weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your nursery is going to look beautiful. I love the color. It is amazing how the nesting instinct kicks in. Only a woman who has had a baby (and maybe her significant other) knows how strong it is. You look wonderful! Pregnancy becomes you!
The color looks good from here.
Cant wait to see the nursery all done. Wait till your about to deliver then the cleaning stage will kick in.
Love ya Ma
Post a Comment